We are thankful once we get there, but no one said it would be easy…
1. It’s time, you’ve finally come to terms with the fact that you’re actually going to have to workout.
2. Gotta listen to a pump up song on the way there hoping it will stir something wild inside of you.
3. You just sit in the parking lot trying to talk yourself in to walking in.
4. “Woah, there are a lot of people here.” This is specifically rough around the new year when everyone has new-found motivation… And I think I know that guy over there by the weights.
5. Cardio… here we go…
6. “Let me pick a treadmill beside someone who doesn’t look like they are in way better shape than me…” Can’t be letting them hear you breath too hard.
7. “Wow, I think I’m in better shape than I thought!”
8. “Oh my Lord, I am really not in shape at all.” *breathes too hard*
9. “Hey, at least this is almost over… HOW HAS IT ONLY BEEN 7 MINUTES?!”
10. “If I do squats… am I going to have a booty like that girl because dang lil momma?”(Looks at own behind and immediately knows that ain’t happenin’)
11. Then the person you avoided at the beginning has come over to small-talk while you are so out of breathe that you may pass away
12. Now it’s time to move on to weights and every machine I know how to use is occupied…
13. “I just know I am going to wake up tomorrow and be able to tell a difference.”
14. The line at the water fountain is entirely too long because everyone is slowly dying. Or trying to flirt. It’s a toss-up.
15. But, once it’s over I am a goddess, my body is a temple. All these endorphins got this body feelin’ 10/10.
And as soon as you’re done, there’s a tiny piece of you already looking forward to coming back tomorrow.