Thanksgiving has come and gone which can only mean one thing. It is officially the Christmas season. So all you Scrooges out there can quit being rude and start listening to Christmas music like the rest of us. I love Black Friday shopping. I mean I love it a ridiculous amount. I just delight in the drama of the whole day. People running through Walmart to get a cheap tv in a fit of rage cracks me up. Just for the record, I am not running through stores, I am just an innocent spectator. And by innocent spectator I mean spending way too much money on crap I don’t need. Anyways…
As I was walking from store to store I couldn’t help but notice a lot of the craze items that every store had on sale. A lot of those items were things that have been really instrumental for me during my fitness journey. So, I thought you all might want to add some of them to your list since Santa Clause is getting ready for the big day. Here’s a list of my top five in no particular order:
- Air Fryer
- If you add nothing else to your list, please do yourself a favor and add this.
- An air fryer does the same thing to food that a deep fryer does, but it does it with air. It’s witchcraft and I cannot explain what is happening inside besides the fact that it is magic.
- It also can cook raw chicken in 12 minutes and roasts broccoli in 6 minutes versus the 36 minutes and 25 minutes that they take in the oven. It’s so versatile and there hasn’t been a thing I’ve made in it yet that hasn’t been good!
- Big Water Bottle
- I’ve had a lot of experience drinking water, but I have realized there is nothing more exhausting than filling up a bottle over and over again.
- I just bought a new bottle that is 64 oz. and it is a game changer. I really only have to drink two bottles the whole day and that’s just easier for my brain than trying to count nine other bottles. I never said I was good at math.
- Nice Headphones
- Preferably wireless
- These make a huge difference at the gym. Especially if you are doing any floor exercises or lifting weights. You don’t have to worry with the cord getting in your way.
- Headphones can be hard to pay for because there are the Gummy brand sitting two feet away on the shelf and they are only $5. The investment will be worth it
- Digital Food Scale
- There is no way to know what you are eating if you don’t have a way to track it. I started out by using measuring cups but it made everything much more difficult to manage. And I got lazy and tired of constantly washing them.
- A food scale serves the same purpose but you start measuring it all in grams and ounces. I recommend a digital one instead of one that you have to read the numbers… once again, not great at math.
- My scale was only $14 and worth every penny. I got it at Walmart.
- Home Gym
- Spoiler Alert: You don’t have to spend a ton of money to make your own functional, home gym.
- I have a few staple items that can give me a full body workout at my house.
- 10 pound hand weights
- Yoga Mat
- Stretch Resistance Bands
- Foam Roller
- Fitness Ball (optional)
- Kettle Ball (optional)
- By adding these few items to your house, you are able to get rid of the excuse to not workout because you don’t want to go the gym. Just bring the gym to your house.
The list may seem like a list of simple things. Nothing on here is over $100 so they’re great additions to add to a list if you’re looking for a few small things to help with your lifestyle change. I use each of the things on this list a couple of times a week, if not more. Hopefully Santa can pull through for ya, as long as you’ve behaved.